Whether you choose to design a website from scratch or use a free Web template to design a website for your online business, there are many things to ask yourself before you get started.
Things to ask before starting website designing:
1. Do you plan on selling products on your website? Will you need a shopping cart to collect payments?
2. Do you plan on displaying articles or having a blog?
3. Do you plan on having advertising on your website?
4. Does the website design need to be interactive for site visitors?
5. Do you want to run your website through a content management system (CMS)?
6. Does the website need to include an audio or video player?
7. Would your target market appreciate a flashy design, or something simple?
Once you've answered those questions, it s time to design a website for your online business. There are a few general options to consider when deciding how to design a website:
1. Hire a professional Web designer or Web programmer
To create a custom Web design and backend system or e-commerce solution, including any necessary tools. When you post a project on either of these services be sure not to choose a bidder just because they are the cheapest. Choose someone with a very long history of positive feedback.
2. Design a website yourself
If you already have the Web design and coding skills (or take the time to learn HMTL/XHTML/CSS/PHP etc.). I only recommend this option if you are very technical and very quick. Your time is best spent on building your business not learning the details of web design -- unless, of course, you want to get into the business of web design.
3. Use a pre-designed Web template
Use a pre-designed Web template from free Web template providers, or purchase a Website template. You can use Web templates as-is, or customize them to fit your needs.
4. Various websites (but with paying)
If you don't have any experience with creating websites and you do not want to hire a designer then there is still an option for you. I like to refer to this option as a Website-In-A-Box or a Store-In-A-Box. Basically the service gives you everything you need to get your website online quickly and easily. Yes, you have to pay a little more for these services and some of them even take a percentage of every sale but your website design will not stand between you and your ultimate goal -- making money online.
No matter how you decide to design a website for your online business, make sure that the website design serves the needs of both your online business and its customers or target visitors.
About Story Teller Charles (STC)
STC was started by industry insiders to provide highly effective marketing strategies that work for the business. Goal of STC is to help businesses of all sizes achieve their marketing objectives by providing customized marketing services.